Notice Of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Note: STD Triage and stdtriage.com are developed and owned by iDoc24
iDoc24 is Committed To Your Privacy & Anonymity
IDoc24 is dedicated to maintaining the privacy and anonymity. iDoc24 DOES NOT COLLECT OR STORE PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (‘PHI’). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, social security number or address), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, IDoc24 does not collect or store any PHI of our customers or users.
Data collected by iDoc24
Whether it is through mobile/smartphones or the web, the iDoc24 platform collects the following information:
- Images of skin problem (all meta data such as GPS coordinates, date, etc are removed)
- Text describing skin problem, symptoms, etc
- Age, Gender
- General location
- Email (deleted after the case is answered)
IDoc24 must abide by the terms of this Notice while it is in effect. This current Notice takes effect on May 10, 2013, and will remain in effect until IDoc24 replaces it. IDoc24 reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time, as long as the changes are in compliance with applicable law. If IDoc24 changes the terms of this Notice, the new terms will apply to all data that it maintains, including PHI that was created or received before such changes were made. If IDoc24 changes this Notice, it will post the new Notice on its Web site and will make the new Notice available upon request.
Uses And Disclosures Of Data Collected by iDoc24
IDoc24 may use and disclose the data it collects in the following ways:
1. Evaluation and Payment IDoc24 is permitted to use and disclose the data submitted for purposes of (a) evaluation by iDoc24 affiliated physicians (i.e. our dermatologists), and (b) payment. For example:
- Evaluation. IDoc24 may disclose data submitted to another physician or health care provider for purposes of an evaluation or in connection with the provision of follow-up treatment.
- Payment. IDoc24 may use and disclose the data collected in connection with the processing and payment of claims and other charges. All payments are done through independent and reputable third parties such as Apple’s iTunes App Store, Google’s Play App Store, PayPal, and Payson (Europe only).
2. As Required by Law. IDoc24 may use and disclose the anonymous data collected to the extent required by law.
The following categories describe unique circumstances in which IDoc24 may use or disclose the anonymous data it collects:
1. Public Health Activities. IDoc24 may disclose anonymous data to public health authorities or other governmental authorities for purposes including preventing and controlling disease, reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence and reporting to the Food and Drug Administration regarding the quality, safety and effectiveness of a regulated product or activity. IDoc24 may, in certain circumstances disclose the anonymous data to persons who have been exposed to a communicable disease or may otherwise be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
2. Workers’ Compensation. IDoc24 may disclose the anonymous data it collects as authorized by, and to the extent necessary to comply with, workers’ compensation programs and other similar programs relating to work-related illnesses or injuries.
3. Health Oversight Activities. IDoc24 may disclose the anonymous data it collects to a health oversight agency for authorized activities such as audits, investigations, inspections, licensing and disciplinary actions relating to the health care system or government benefit programs.
4. Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. IDoc24 may disclose the anonymous data it collects, in certain circumstances, as permitted by applicable law, in response to an order from a court or administrative agency, or in response to a subpoena or discovery request.
5. Law Enforcement. IDoc24 may, under certain circumstances, disclose the anonymous data it collects to a law enforcement official, such as for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person.
6. Decedents. IDoc24 may, under certain circumstances, disclose the anonymous data it collects to coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors for purposes such as identification, determining the cause of death and fulfilling duties relating to decedents.
7. Research. IDoc24 may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose the anonymous data it collects that is necessary for research purposes.
8. Continuing Education. IDoc24 may use and disclose the anonymous data collected in connection with education training, such as the continuing education of dermatologists, general physicians, industry partners, and medical students.
9. Threat to Health or Safety. IDoc24 may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose the anonymous data it collects if necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a person or the public.
Your Rights Regarding The Data iDoc24 Collects
You have the following rights regarding the data maintained by IDoc24:
1. Confidential Communication. You have the right to receive confidential communications of your data. You may request that IDoc24 communicate with you through alternate means or at an alternate location, and IDoc24 will accommodate your reasonable requests. You must submit your request in writing to IDoc24.
2. Restrictions. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your data for treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to request that IDoc24 restrict its disclosures of your data to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment of your care. You must submit your request in writing to IDoc24. IDoc24 is not required to comply with your request. However, if IDoc24 agrees to comply with your request, it will be bound by such agreement, except when otherwise required by law or in the event of an emergency.
3. Inspection and Copies. You have the right to inspect and copy your data electronically. You must submit your request in writing to IDoc24. IDoc24 may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. IDoc24 may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your data in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, IDoc24 will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial.
4. Amendment. You have a right to request that IDoc24 amend your data if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and you may request an amendment for as long as the information is maintained by IDoc24. You must submit your request in writing to IDoc24 and provide a reason to support the requested amendment. IDoc24 may, under certain circumstances, deny your request by sending you a written notice of denial. If IDoc24 denies your request, you will be permitted to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in your records.
5. Paper Copy. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice from IDoc24 at any time upon request. To obtain a paper copy of this notice, please contact IDoc24 by emailing info@iDoc24.com.
6. Complaint. You may complain to IDoc24 and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. To file a complaint with IDoc24, you must submit a statement in writing to IDoc24 at info@iDoc24.com Attn: Security Officer. IDoc24 will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
7. Further Information. If you would like more information about your privacy rights, please contact IDoc24 by info@iDoc24.com, Attn: Privacy and Security Officer.